Return to the BUILD
“Put together the fourth and fifth foot parts for the right foot, attach the toes, and bolt them into place.”
These foot sections will be assembled in the same way as the previous two issues.
- T-800 Assembly – Model Instructions
- Sci-Fi Cinema Legends – It Came From Outer Space
- Real World Science – Unidentified Flying Obsession?
Assembling Foot Parts and Attaching Them to the Right Leg
Fit this holed tab of a Toe Joint between the smaller brackets of the shorter Foot Part (marked 4). Using the Allen Key supplied with Issue 26 to secure these parts together using one of the Grub Screws. Tighten the Grub Screw until it is flush on both sides.
Both Foot Parts are marked 4, so make sure you use the shorter one here. This Foot Part is angled and hard to see which way around it should go in the magazine. You will know you have these fitted correctly if the threads that you run this Grub Screw into are on the other side of where you insert it:
It should be like this if viewed from above:
The rest of these steps we have done three times already and the process is the same, so I will only show the initial alignment and final results for each foot section. More details on these steps can be found in Issue 69.
- Fit the smaller brackets of the remaining longer Foot Part (marked 4) over this upper holed tab of the Toe Joint, as shown. Make sure the recessed hole of the Foot Part (marked 4) is facing up
- Press a Plastic Sleeve through the holes of both parts until it is flush
- Carefully remove one of the Foot Joint Pins from their sprue and remove any rough edges. Then, insert the Foot Joint Pin flush
- Slide the holed tab of a Toe in between these brackets of the Toe Joint. Press a Plastic Sleeve through the holes of both parts until it is flush and top it off with another Foot Joint Pin
NOTE: At this point we just need to repeat the previous steps with Foot Parts (marked 5). HOWEVER, the parts should be flipped around so the embossed part numbers are on the inside of the foot. The parts align as shown:
The finished fifth foot section should look like this:
The five Foot Part sections are all different and must be attached correctly to shape the foot properly. From left to right (marked 1 to 5), they look like this:
Retrieve your T-800 endoskeleton. Fit the open brackets of the shorter Foot Part of section ONE (1) over this tab of the Ankle Joint (Lower) as shown, and start to twist one of the long Grub Screws into the holes with your Allen Key to hold it in place:
I screwed the Grub Screw in farther than needed so I could take a closeup of this connection for everyone:
Continuing in the same way, fit the shorter brackets of Foot Part sections TWO, THREE, FOUR, and FIVE (in order) over the next tabs of the Ankle Joint (Lower) as shown, twisting the Grub Screw through each one as you go:
Tighten the Grub Screw until it is equally sticking out of both side of the foot:
Rotate foot section ONE up so the brackets of the longer Foot Part match up with these holed tabs of the Ankle Joint (Upper) and start to twist the other long Grub Screw into the holes with your Allen Key to hold it in place:
Repeat this process with the remaining foot sections TWO, THREE, FOUR, and FIVE. Both Grub Screws should be flush on either side when you are finished:
With this issue finished, it means the right side of our T-800 is now completed (except for various minor details like hoses). The next issues will begin construction of the left arm. Everything in this issue is metal.
Issue 72 – Left Arm Part, Cap/Shaft for Arm Part